Looking for a way to spice up your bedroom, apartment or dorm? Try personalizing one of those plain white canvases you can find at Walmart or any craft store! This project was inspired by a post on Pinterest and my creations now form a collage above the TV in my bedroom.
- Vinyl letters
- Newspapers, magazines, or books
- Acrylic paint
- Glue stick
- Scrapbook paper
- Mod Podge
Directions (Canvases Pictured with Writing)
- Tear up the newspapers, magazines or books into pieces.
- Use the glue stick to adhere the torn up papers to your canvas until it is completely covered. The canvas will look better in the end if the papers are not completely glued down and the layers are uneven.
- Place the vinyl letters over the torn up paper wherever you would like them and spell out the word or phrase of your choice.
- Paint the entire canvas the color of your choice.
- Once the paint is dry, carefully peal off the vinyl letters.
Directions (Elephant Canvas)
- Paint the canvas the color of your choice. I chose red.
- Trace an animal, symbol or any image of your choice onto a piece of scrapbook paper. I chose glitter scrapbook paper and traced an elephant.
- Cut out image.
- Use mod podge to attach the image onto your canvas once the paint is dry.
Arrange the canvases and maybe even some painted frames on you wall and hang with Command Strips and enjoy a collage of artwork created by you!